Search This Blog

Friday, October 20, 2017

a whole contractor bag in half an hour; Hallock State Park

again high tide Friday so rather than struggle over the rutted beach Idid more work behind the dune line. I realized that if I am to make progresswith the prodigious quantity of trash that's been dumped there over the years, I need more and bigger bags








and in just half an hour I filled a whole contractor bag.


In the afternoon I went over to the new Hallock State Park 15 minutes east of Reeves Park. Wed, thur and fri it's free if you are over 62. It straddles the Riverhead-Southhold line. Last time I visited I went west along the beach and found some vehicle ruts even though the Park does not allow driving. This time I went east, and soon the ruts petered out, because Southhold very sensibly does not allow driving. There was almost no trash either.



and this


and this


with this, a day earlier at Reeves Beach


But the big drawback of the Hallock beach is the sight of the Riverhead Oil Terminal looming in the water.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Least Unpopular Posts