Search This Blog

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Yesterday's beach was a real beach

My beach walk yesterday was fabulous - the best in the 2 months I've been doing this blog. It almost looked like a real beach! Clean, smooth, wide (well, at least the lower half - the upper half was the usual rutted moonscape). The reason - the Eclipse! Or, more precisely, the alignment of sun and moon created unusually high and low tides, and my walk was at the low tide. So the high tide swept the beach clean and smooth, and the low tide displayed the result. It was dull, cool, gray and damp but I took a ton of pictures. Of course there was a bit of trash - what I would consider a normal level, unlike the horrors I often find.












to celebrate, I''ll  end up with a "selfie".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Least Unpopular Posts